At Space Camp, trainees explore the amazing artefacts housed at the U.S. Space and Rocket Centre. Experience firsthand their National Historic Landmark Saturn V rocket, the Smithsonian Institution’s largest artefact; the Apollo 12 moon rock; mobile quarantine facility and Pathfinder Space Shuttle!
Tour itinerary includes California Science Centre, Northrop Grumman Headquarters in Space Park at Redondo Beach, Disneyland AND Universal Studios. You will also have dinner with scientists from NASA JPL. There is also a special visit being organised which incorporates air AND space…
The curriculum teaches STEM principles, leadership and teamwork, while encouraging fun and creativity. Program instruction is aligned to national science and math standards and framed with an exciting, immersive experience amidst a backdrop of mankind’s greatest technological achievements in space hardware.
As part of its commitment to STEM education and lifelong learning, One Giant Leap Australia is offering a $2000 scholarship to one selected AAFC OOC or IOC to assist with the $6900 participation cost*. More information about One Giant Leap Australia can be found at https://onegiantleapaustralia.com/</a>
To enter, applicants are required to produce a short creative phone video of themselves which is innovative and inspirational showcasing why they are the best adult leader to represent the AAFC. “Why should we choose YOU?”
The video must be at least 30 seconds but no more than 60 seconds. Videos that do not comply with the timeline will not be accepted. The videos are to be uploaded to https://onegiantleapaustralia.com/aafc-scholarship/. Applications close midnight 30 April, 2019.
*Approximate costs are $AUD6900.00. Includes all meals, flights (ex-Sydney), accommodation, entries, transfers, transport and Space Camp USA fees. DOES NOT include visas, insurance, passport costs and spending money.
Conditions of Participation:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Conditions of Entry.
2. Entering this scholarship opportunity deems acceptance of the Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is open to all AAFC Instructors and Officers of Cadets. Participants must have completed all mandatory training at the time of the Space Camp experience.
4. Entry to the scholarship opportunity begins at midnight on 16th April, 2019 and closes at midnight on 30th April, 2019.
5. The scholarship is valued at $2000* and may only be used for a member to attend the 2019 Space Camp USA Tour run by One Giant Leap Australia.
6. The winner will be notified by close of business on 15th of May, 2019.
7. The winner must be able to travel to the USA.
How to enter:
1. To be eligible to enter, participant must be an enrolled IOC/OOC member of the AAFC.
2. All entries will be judged on creativity and originality. The work should be solely of the entrant.
3. All entries remain the property of One Giant Leap Australia Foundation and AAFC.
4. The selection will be made by a panel of community leaders. The winner will be notified by close of business on 15 May 19. The scholarship is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other goods/services.
5. On return, the winner must be willing to create a short video and deliver a presentation about their experience and further support the AAFC in STEM education and outreach. The video and presentation belong to One Giant Leap Australia and AAFC.
6. The scholarship winner will be expected to sign Media Release, Code of Conduct and other administrative paperwork as required by One Giant Leap Australia for the purposes of the attendance on the tour. Failure to accept the conditions of the tour forfeits the scholarship.
7. Acceptance of the Scholarship constitutes full acceptance of these terms and conditions.